Facebook has covered the entire world like a cobweb over our heads.
Here are 11 things about Facebook that you need to know:
1. 400 Million Global Users, and still counting
2. 100 Million U.S. Users
3. The Average Time Spent By A Facebook User is Close To 55 min Per Day
4. Nearly 80,000 sites using Facebook Connect
Since you are already here
We have in store for you a complete marketing package, paired up with the best resources just for you all in one place.
6. Any average Facebook user has nothing less than 130 friends.
7. 4 Pages per Month is the average Facebook user fans
8. Merely 4% pages have fans exceeding 10,000
9. You don’t become popular through wall posts
10. News Feed As Per Requirement
Face book’s recent move to an algorithm-driven news feed means that just because someone is your fan, does not mean they will see your wall posts or status updates (true for both individuals, and brands). Facebook selects content based on your interactions and likes of your friends to be put on the news feed.
It makes it easier for people to strike a conversation with their viewers by posting content that interests viewer’s attention. The Facebook analytics score helps you get insights on post engagement. To understand what posts are being liked by your audience and what suites best for your brand people should keep an eye on the analytics score board.
11. Real Time Search Results are a Game Changer
This has tremendous implications for search engine optimization and reputation management, since a negative status update about your brand might now show up on the first page of Google search results for your company name (at least temporarily).
Even though Facebook does not have an ideal environment for all kinds of initiatives related to social media the mass participation gives you a platform that is bigger than other social media platforms and lures you to participate.
Conversely, some brands are putting an awful lot of eggs in the Facebook basket, which is perhaps justifiable based on the facts above. However, I’m not keen on building the centrepiece of my social media strategy on what amounts to rented land.